The Internet: Abridged
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Internet: Abridged

This forum has gone 5122 days without an accident.

HomeNews Page!Latest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Has anyone really been for even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
NOW WITH 50% MORE 2D!!
This Forum is brought to you in Technicolor!
It is dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
Noob - (oX_X)O====(O_oQ) <--- us
PANTS.
Set phasers to "Broil."
This place is like the Large Hadron Collider, except with words instead of... um... hadrons.
Go to bed already, sheesh.
Now with Motion Control! (move the mouse to activate)
The sleep of reason may breed monsters, but the sleep of automobiles breeds Dan’s Towing.
What is the sound of two han... Oh wait. Right. *clap*
THE FORUM IS DEAD THE FORUM IS NOT DEAD
what
"this is like wandering through the ruins of a concentration camp, except not"
no

The Nuzlocke Challenge

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Zenall
Grand Taleweaver
Grand Taleweaver
Zenall

The Nuzlocke Challenge Empty
PostSubject: The Nuzlocke Challenge   The Nuzlocke Challenge I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 12:43 pm

Hello, everyone, as Ian has already made known, we plan to revive the forum with one specific thread. This one. Right here. Right now. Let's DO IT!

NUZLOCKE CHALLENGE!

What is Nuzlocke, one may ask.

Well, it's a set of rules solely for the Pokemon franchise to make the game an actual challenge.

They range in difficulty and can be customized depending on the challenge accepter's preferences. Such as limiting the player in NOT storing Pokemon (That means only owning six at any given time). The rules Ian and I have decided upon (I have decided upon with Ian's small input) are put in this nifty little flo-chart.

The Nuzlocke Challenge Chosen10

BUT! That isn't where the challenge ends! Oh, absolutely not! For, you don't know which version of Pokemon we will be playing or Nuzlocke challenge on.

You want to know?

Truly?

It's Pokemon: TROLL VERSION!

Oh hoh hoh, but what is so hard about this version of "troll" that isn't released by Nintendo, and therefore, isn't a real franchise version?

Well, this kind fellow who created Pokemon Troll decided to add quite a few... surprises? to the standard Pokemon R/S/E game. It is because of this that I must add this rule to the game:
2)If, for whatever reason, you are stuck in an area (You enter and cannot leave due to a 'glitch'), You must assume that you have starved to death, and must restart the game.

You should all thank Ian for hosting a file download for Pokemon Troll in a following reply.

It's a ROM/mod on R/S/E and can be used like any other ROM on a Visual Boy Advance emulator

*If anyone is having trouble with their ROM or Emulator, contact either myself or Ian or any of your Romulating friends (No, that isn't a real word).

Anyone may sign up, but you must post journal entries in the thread as you play day-to-day, and comics are encouraged for a nice visual effect

This is a list of the glorious rules to 1) go in depth because some flo-chart rules are obscure and 2) For the flo-chart challenged (Mason [just kidding{maybe}]). The rules are red, symbolizing the blood that will be spilled for those who disobey (It also makes them more noticeable).

2) If, for whatever reason, you are stuck in an area (You enter and cannot leave due to a 'glitch'), You must assume that you have starved to death, and must restart the game.

3) Sadly, this challenge is highly honor system based, and for that reason, I ask that everyone is completely honest as to when they must restart the game.

4) If a Pokemon faints, you must release it. If you white out, your entire party is "dead." The game must be restarted unless you have more Pokemon in your PC

5) The first new Pokemon you see in a new route MUST be caught or you cannot use that route for Pokemon catching ever again.

6) If you must restart your game, you are able to reset the closed routes.

7) All Pokemon must be nicknamed. If you fail to do so, you cannot use said Pokemon until you have visited the Name Tutor.

8 ) You are not allowed to trade across games at all. Don't do it. Nope. (Not like you can. Troll v. is ROM only, but some Emulators can communicate to one another. [Even though it's circled, you can use the day care for eggs and what not. Don't really see how that'd make the game harder/easier])

9) You must open the options as soon as possible and change the battle mode to "set" I'll keep it a secret as to what happens when that is done. Just Google it if you really want to know...

10) No healing items. All healing shall be done via Pokemon Center. You can heal status effects, though.

11) No legendary Pokemon. At all. Zip. Nada. Just don't do it, alright? GEEZE! (You can catch them for collection purposes if you MUST...

This is a list of people who want to partake in this venture:
The Nuzlocke Challenge AttachmentTroll Update 3.zip
One Troll Version for all who want in.
You don't have permission to download attachments.
(4.6 Mb) Downloaded 3 times

Last edited by Zenall on Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:36 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
Dhaos Pierce
The Boss
The Boss
Dhaos Pierce

PostSubject: Re: The Nuzlocke Challenge   The Nuzlocke Challenge I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 2:24 pm

This is a test, if it works, you guys just got a way to get Troll version without having to lurk heavily on /vp/.

Bah, the attachment worked, but the file wasn't correct. Bollocks.

Last edited by Dhaos Pierce on Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://thegameffs.forumotion.net
Zenall
Grand Taleweaver
Grand Taleweaver
Zenall

PostSubject: Re: The Nuzlocke Challenge   The Nuzlocke Challenge I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 9:52 pm

Zenall's Journal Entry #1

The Nuzlocke Challenge Journa10

I started out like any other PokeVersion, and set my name as Rolland. I picked yes, that I was indeed a faggot (It's the only choice) and went on to find Professor Elm. As my comic implies, I did not pick Ralts. It's THE worst starter to pick, for all it knows is teleport, which doesn't help when you have to verse May not a little while longer. Did I mention that if you pick Ralts that May's Larvitar 1) knows bite that's super effective and 2) cannot be hurt by Ralts's only attacks (Confusion)? Yea! You have to struggle to kill the Larvitar! And Guess what else! Larvitar is ROCK TYPE! Struggle isn't very effective! (May also has a Pikachu, because, really, it is red just with May's speech)

So, I picked Larvitar, or as I nicknamed him, Not RALTS.

Not RALTS and I trained until he was about level 10. I was afraid that May's Machop knew low kick, so I over trained Not RALTS. He knew Sandstorm, Leer, and Bite, and we went and destroyed that Machop, which only knew pound, a normal type move. Pikachu didn't stand a chance, either.

So, next I followed May back to the starting town, got the pokedex and five pokeballs, and set off!

First pokemon encounter? Route 102. It was a Zigzagoon. Sense my Larvitar was overpowered, I was incredibly afraid to lose this match, and ultimatally lock the route forever in the process. But, I had a plan. Sandstorm does a very small amount of damage, and I just spammed that and leer until Zigzagoon was at low health. I caught it, and... FORGOT TO FREAKING GIVE IT A NICK NAME!I WAS SO MAD ZOMG! It's cool, though, at least I unlocked the route. Sense it was, indeed, the safe route, I decided to lurk there awhile and catch something else. It was Poochyena, which Cleverbot.com nicknamed "Magic," so Magic, Not RALTS, and I went onward! To the Pokemon Center! Because Not Ralts takes a lot of damage when spamming Sandstorm and leer! HUZZAH!

Next, I moved onto route 101. First Pokemon encounter was a Sensret. Using the same method, I caught him as well. BUT. FORGOT. TO. NICK NAME. THE BASTARD. HOLY CRAP. Bah, at least I unlocked the route, right? RIGHT?! I went back to the Pokecenter and healed up. I released the two unnamed bastards, just because I really don't feel like waiting around with two level 2-3 Pokemon in my PC. Better just spend the 100 pokebucks and buy a few more pokeballs. I'm overpowered. No puny little Wingull can't hurt me, even if it knows Water gun. Hah! Let's go catch a Wingull, Magic, Not RALTS! We can TAKE EM! YEAAAAAA!!!

NO!

BAH FREAKING PERFECT! I was afraid to use bite (Not RALTS was out first). Could have killed it, so I used sandstorm. The little fucker takes down more than half my health, so I switch to Magic. Magic didn't stand a chance, and was down to low HP. THe Wingull was a bit wounded, so I prayed and sent out my LAST pokeball. It broke out. I raged. I ran. Route 102? CLOSED. No WINGULL. TEAR. If I am to learn from this experience, it is. 1) Catch more before going back to that route 2) Keep more pokeballs handy 3) Train your pokemon, jeeze. 4) FUCK WINGULL

T-T-T-T-TL Semicolon DR!
(The Too long, Didn't read section)

Pokemon Owned:2
Not RALTS (Larvitar, lv 10)
Magic (Poochyena, lv 4)

Routes visited:
101, 102, 103

Locked Routes:

Open Routes
101, 103

Undecided Routes:
None
Back to top Go down
Zenall
Grand Taleweaver
Grand Taleweaver
Zenall

PostSubject: Re: The Nuzlocke Challenge   The Nuzlocke Challenge I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 05, 2010 12:19 am

Journal 2.

Well, since I found out that I did a few things wrong, and if I had been doing it right, I still lost, and therefore, have restarted my journal. Resetting all account information, and please pay attention to the rules, for I need to edit one of them.

I started off, once again, with Larvitar, and this time named him Not Ralts (so much difference). I trained Not Ralts to level seven and beat that stupid Machop yet again. I caught a Zigzagoon and named it (thanks to Cleverbot[In route 101, by the way]) DoesntComp (does not compute). But, I haven't played much after that, and so, I only have that much to say for today.

Tee eL;Dee aaR

TL;DR
_______
Badges: 0

Pokemon: 2

Not Ralts-Larvitar

DoesntComp-Zigzagoon

Routes Closed: 101
Back to top Go down
Zenall
Grand Taleweaver
Grand Taleweaver
Zenall

PostSubject: Re: The Nuzlocke Challenge   The Nuzlocke Challenge I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 4:04 pm

Journal 3.

FUCK IT!

*Restarts game*

*Picks Machop*

I'll tell you what I nicknamed it later...like when I actually do.
Back to top Go down
Dhaos Pierce
The Boss
The Boss
Dhaos Pierce

PostSubject: Re: The Nuzlocke Challenge   The Nuzlocke Challenge I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 9:42 pm

Entry #1

And so begins my Pokemon journey! A faggot? No, but I'll choose the first one because he looks less like one... I found Birch like I was supposed to etc. HELP YOU?! WHY NOT PROFESSOR BIRCH! I look at the three starters.... Machop... Blue Larvitar... MAI WAIFU?! So I picked the Ralts, which of course evolves into Gardevoir. Great, it's male... Well let's see what moves it knows... Teleport.... FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *reset*
Back to top Go down
https://thegameffs.forumotion.net
TIME TRAVELING GHOST
OOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOO
TIME TRAVELING GHOST

PostSubject: Re: The Nuzlocke Challenge   The Nuzlocke Challenge I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 1:45 am

OOOOOOOOOOOOO

Last edited by TIME TRAVELING GHOST on Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:15 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : OOOOOOOOOOOOO)
Back to top Go down
http://OOOOOOOOOOOOO.biz
Lelouch Yagami
Stale
Stale
Lelouch Yagami

PostSubject: Re: The Nuzlocke Challenge   The Nuzlocke Challenge I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 8:07 pm

*Starts*

gets raltz, slams head on desk realizing i should had read previous post.
*reset*
Picks Lavitar, names it 'Dino Thing', gors see Birch's son, i have lvl 7 Dino Thing, he has lvl 100 machamp, is currently confused
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Nuzlocke Challenge   The Nuzlocke Challenge I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Nuzlocke Challenge
Page 1 of 1