The Internet: Abridged
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Internet: Abridged

This forum has gone 5137 days without an accident.

HomeNews Page!Latest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Has anyone really been for even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
NOW WITH 50% MORE 2D!!
This Forum is brought to you in Technicolor!
It is dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
Noob - (oX_X)O====(O_oQ) <--- us
PANTS.
Set phasers to "Broil."
This place is like the Large Hadron Collider, except with words instead of... um... hadrons.
Go to bed already, sheesh.
Now with Motion Control! (move the mouse to activate)
The sleep of reason may breed monsters, but the sleep of automobiles breeds Dan’s Towing.
What is the sound of two han... Oh wait. Right. *clap*
THE FORUM IS DEAD THE FORUM IS NOT DEAD
what
"this is like wandering through the ruins of a concentration camp, except not"
no

Check out these rules yo!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Dhaos Pierce
The Boss
The Boss
Dhaos Pierce

Check out these rules yo! Empty
PostSubject: Check out these rules yo!   Check out these rules yo! I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 2:36 pm

These rules are being directly brought over from another forum that I wrote rules for.
Thank the heavens for copy & paste!

General Rules:

I. When posting, try your best to write in third person and to make your posts understandable. When you throw in asterisks, incomplete sentences, and quotes, your message may be a little difficult to read or hard to understand.

Example:

How not to do it:
*does an action* "Yo, I'm talking" *does another action*

How to do it:
As he stood in front of the man who was ignoring him he pointed at him and said,"Yo, I'm talking!" He then walked over to the man's face.

II. When someone is absent for a few hours, please be patient. It's a little discouraging to mold the story around someone's absence. However, if they are gone for a long period of time, you can move on the story. If you know that you won't be able to post for a while, please do not involve your character in anything important or critical to the RP. If you are using a vital character, you may ask someone to control the character in your absence.

III. No God-modding. You can have some power, but instantaneous slaughter of other characters and tough npc's is not permitted. Also refrain from having a lot of power in the beginning unless your storyline absolutely requires it.

IV. When in a battle, make sure that everything is balanced. Take some hits, deliver some blows, just make sure that the battle isn't completely one-sided. You'll win or lose the fight based on the overall progression of the battle. You cannot dodge all the hits and kill someone instantly. Since RPing is fiction, recovery from injury is always possible if you're creative enough (instantaneous regeneration does not count as creativity!) You may kill off other user's characters only if you are given permission to, or if it is an obvious objective.

V. Nothing Sexually Explicit. If you really want to do the stuff like that, take it to private messages.

VI. Do not kill another person's character without their permission. To ask for their permission, do so in PM. Do not litter the threads with OOC messages, unless the OOC message is intertwined with an action message.

VII. OOC (Out of Character) messages should be marked as such, so it is not confused with the story. For instance, if you would like to say "Nice post, Ian!" do it like so:

((OOC: Nice post, Ian!))

Then, Rolland decided to go for a walk.

VIII. All rules are subject to change by the creator the RP, that is, all of them except one. Rule V. If the RP host does NOT mention a rule, then accepted as active. Thus, you cannot use the line, "You didn't say it WASN'T ok!"

Levels:

There are different levels to RP's.

Beginner:
As it's name suggests, this is for the begginer players, people who are relatively new to RPing. Anyone can join and the use of asterisks is allowed. Proper grammar and spelling are not heavily enforced, but should be used. Posts should be very descriptive, but don't have to be long paragraphs.

Intermediate:
For those who are good at RPing, but wish to be better. Using asterisks should be abandoned. Posts must be longer and more descriptive. Spelling and grammar are enforced more heavily.

Advanced:

For the extremely good RPer's. Grammar and spelling are enforced fiercely. Plots must be well structured and characters developed properly. History, personality, etc need to be descriptive.

*Two, or all of these can be applied for a greater range of people.
*The use of One-Liners is forbidden in all RPs except for Beginner Level RPs.

Styles:

Individual:
Where you only control your own character and may not control others.

Interactive:
Where you control your character and may also control other characters to a limit. For example, you may control someone else's character to grab something for you or block a blow in a battle against you.

Combined:
A little of both, and used as the creator of the RP sees fit. For example, the creator may decided to have battles interactive and all other things individual. The creator must thoroughly describe what he chooses for this style.

One Versus One Battles

For battles involving two different people (Not characters owned by the same person or a Character versus an NPC) there are different rules that need to be understood.

1) Absolutely no force hits/controlling the other person's character. You must leave an opening between the "shot fired" and the "impact" so that the next person may decide the fate of their character
2) Equal out the battle. Take some hits. It's as simple as that, if both you and your opponent take hits, the battle is equalized. A giant game of dodge isn't that interesting to read, plus, it takes forever
3) No god modding. This rule is stressed once again. Your character cannot be overly powerful. He has to be able to take some sort of damage.
4) Make sure the other person is alright with the death of their character. If you want to kill your opponent, then ask first. Especially if it's their main character.

RP Skeleton:

Name: The name of the RP.
Level: Beginner, Intermediate, or Advanced.
Style: Individual, Interactive, or Combined.
Max Characters: Optional.
Deadline: When the RP starts.
Story: The information about your plot and setting.[i][u]
Back to top Go down
https://thegameffs.forumotion.net
Zenall
Grand Taleweaver
Grand Taleweaver
Zenall

Check out these rules yo! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Check out these rules yo!   Check out these rules yo! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 7:54 pm

The rules have been updated as of June 24th. Please re-read them and try to understand the new rules added. There has been a major addition: One Versus One battles.

I have also made the rules a bit easier to look at, adding sizes to titles, making them take more of a bullet form.

I will be deleting this post and re-submitting a new one each time I update the rules. I will also explain the changes each time.

-Zenall
The Grand Tale Weaver.
Back to top Go down

Check out these rules yo!
Page 1 of 1